St. Joseph Knights of Columbus #9456 will be awarding two $1,000 scholarship in 2024 to an institution of higher learning of the recipient’s choice. To qualify, please review the applicant guidelines listed below:
- Two scholarships will be offered this year, one based strictly on academic performance and community participation and the second based on academic performance, community participation and financial need.
- This is a one-time scholarship, awarded to a different applicant each year.
- Funds for this scholarship come from fund raising projects conducted by the Knights of Columbus.
- Minimum amount to be awarded for each scholarship is $1,000.00.
- Applicant should be a graduating senior with a GPA of 2.5 or better.
- To be considered for the financial need scholarship, the applicant needs to meet the academic requirements and include a short essay explaining what circumstances justify consideration for financial reasons. Applicants need to provide sufficient data and information to enable the review committee to evaluate the individual’s level of need. All applications will be treated as personal and confidential.
- Scholarship shall be used at a Colorado school of higher education, which will include but not be limited to universities, colleges, junior or community colleges, trade schools, and technical schools.
- A committee of three Knights of Columbus members will screen each application.
- Finalists will have a personal interview with the committee.
- The Knights of Columbus Council #9456 must receive proof of enrollment before the scholarship is awarded. The scholarship will be sent directly to the school where the applicant is enrolled as a full-time student.
Applicants will be considered if they are members of St. Joseph Parish – Pueblo, St. Therese Parish – Vineland or Sacred Heart Parish – Avondale.
Applications are available in the St. Joseph Parish Office.
Applications should be submitted to the St. Joseph Parish Office no later than March 22, 2024.