Bells of St. Joseph

Three Consecrated Bells at Saint Joseph's

Large Parish BellThe first bell (large one, pictured at right) is – 43-1/2” X 30”  CAST BY H STUCKSTEDE & CO, ST LOUIS MO, 1889, DEDICATE, the inscription on Side A is “SANCTISSIMO CORDI JESU.” On Side B is IN TE DOMINE SPERAVI, NON CONFUNDAR IN ATERNUM. The custom inscription on Side B is part of the Latin text of the Te Deum, and the last word should be AETERNUM (possibly with AE as a digraph [Æ] rather than as separate letters). On side A, the custom inscription below the maker’s inscription is translated as “dedicated to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus”

 

 

 

 

Smaller Parish Bells

The second bell (pictured at left) is the MEDIUM BELL – 34” X 27”.  Side A= CAST BY JG STUCKSTEDE & Bro and Side B= ST LOUIS MO 1879

The third bell (also pictured at left in back) is the SMALL BELL  – 27-1/2” X 22” Side A= CAST BY H STUCKSTEDE & CO, ST LOUIS MO, 1889, DEDICATA, BEATA MARIAE SEMPER VIRGIN. Side B = AVE MARIAE GRATIA PLENA

The custom inscription on Side A is translated as “Dedicated to The Blessed Mother, always virgin.”

 

 

 

 

 

<<< Back to Bell Tower Page